In celebration of our 15th year, we are very pleased to announce a new partnership with Unite to Light, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing low-cost solar lighting to global communities without electricity. As part of our 15th anniversary celebration, we have teamed up with Unite to Light in a campaign we’re calling Bring the Light.
Our hope is for Light Reading to be a place you can come for inspiration and guidance as you plan your next lighting project.
The thing is, we are incredibly inspired by our readers! Your creative installations, kind words, and contributions to product Q&A’s constantly remind us why we do what we do. In this season of thankfulness, we are so thankful for you.
As the year comes to a close, we wanted to share our top 5 most popular blog posts from 2013. Without further ado …
11 Beautiful Photos of Under Cabinet Lighting: This one definitely falls under the “inspiration” category, but it can also be helpful if you’re trying to determine what type of under cabinet lighting is your favorite for the kitchen. Puck? Linear? LED? Fluorescent? Be prepared to gaze at dreamy kitchens. Read More >>
Here’s How To Map Out Your Recessed Lights (An Infographic): Those who decide to add recessed lighting to a new or existing home are presented with a seemingly impossible task – laying them out on a blueprint. This infographic will clue you in on what every lighting designer knows about recessed lighting placement. You’ll be ready to install in no time. Read More >>
How To Install Recessed Lights In a Drop Ceiling: There are special considerations for this type of lighting installation; for example, you need to be cautious about heat output to avoid a fire hazard around plastic surfaced or fiberglass panels. Read More >>
How To Have Great Lighting in a Rental: Trust Annie Josey to share ingenious ideas for amping up your lighting without ticking off your landlord. She walks you through the kitchen, bedroom, living room, bathroom, & patio, rescuing renters everywhere from bad lighting on the way. Read More >>
8 Ways To Use Step Lights (Photo Inspiration): Introduce yourself to the myriad of possibilities when it comes to staircase lighting with these gorgeous photos and links to make them happen in your space. Read More >>
We are looking forward to continuing to share lighting information and photos with you in 2014! As always, let us know if you have any special requests for blog topics below.
That’s the question the experts at Pegasus Lighting have been asking for years. We’ve written numerous blog posts on the subject, created video guides, and hand-picked every under cabinet fixture on our website – always with quality, affordability, and ease of operation in mind. And yet, we wanted to do more.
That’s when we decided to write an eBook. A complete resource to guide you through every step of an under cabinet lighting project…
Today, the lighting experts at Pegasus have achieved that goal. It’s called “The Complete Guide To Under Cabinet Lighting,” and you can download it for free, in the format of your choice, right here on our website.
The book includes sections on how to pick out, install, and operate under cabinet lighting. I, along with Chris Johnson, answer some of your most pressing questions, including –
- Why do I need under cabinet lights?
- What kind of lights will work best for my needs, my space, and my tastes?
- How many lights do I need?
- How do I install my lights?
- What should I expect from my lights over time?
- And more! (more…)
Happy Earth Day from everyone here at Pegasus Lighting!
If you’re a regular here on the blog, or if you’ve browsed around on our website, you know we’re big fans of energy-efficient, “green” lighting. We strive to stay up-to-date on the latest eco-friendly news and innovations, and to always provide you, dear readers, with quality green lighting products and helpful energy-saving tips.
But we can’t do it alone! We follow a group of expert bloggers and industry leaders to help us in our quest to make sustainability accessible for all.
So today, I’d like to send a special shout-out to 8 of my favorite green and eco-friendly blogs and websites:
- Fresh Energy: Fresh Energy is a non-profit organization that’s been around for over 20 years – so you know they know what they’re talking about. Their main goal is to promote smart energy policy concentrating on areas like clean energy, energy-efficiency, climate change, and eco-friendly transportation and building.
- Green Upgrader: Green Upgrader is one of our favorite green lifestyle blogs, eager to show all readers that even small eco-friendly changes can make a big impact! We love them for their constant eye on sustainability news, and mass of green how-tos, but they also offer neat things like ideas for sustainable cooking and eco-friendly entertainment options (think low-impact board games and the like).
- EarthTechling: EarthTechling, run by a group of technologist-meets-environmentalists, is committed to reporting on technological advancements that could change the world for the better. They cover everything from simple how-to guides about saving energy around the house to breaking news regarding new gadgets, appliances, and technological upgrades.
- Clean Edison: Clean Edison is a company that provides educational material about clean technology and sustainable building. Their website is a goldmine of information on solar energy, energy-efficiency, and green manufacturing, just to name a few. They also have a fabulous, practical blog offering eco-friendly advice to regular people. Check it out for posts like “30 Actionable Steps Towards Energy-Efficiency.”
If the news that Google Reader’s days are numbered has totally rocked your world, don’t stress! You can still keep up with all the good stuff happening here on Light Reading.
Here’s a bright idea: You can easily subscribe to our blog via email. Just type your email address in the box to the right and click subscribe! It’s just that simple.
I promise you we’ll never sell, rent, or lend your email address to anyone, ever. You’ll just get a tidy little notification when we post something new to the blog (about 4 times a week). Never again will you risk losing touch with us (unless you choose to).
If you’re not sold on the idea of getting our sweet nothings directly sent to your inbox, or if you’d rather find a Google Reader alternative to keep up with all the blogs you read, I’ve done some research for you…
You can use Google Takeout to get a copy of all your Reader data, and migrate it to a new service.
To find your next RSS reader, check out this article from Marketing Land: 12 Google Reader Alternatives.
Thanks to all you wonderful individuals for your continued support and interest in Light Reading!
And if you don’t already subscribe to Light Reading, why not start now?
Yesterday, Rosemary Ellis of Good Housekeeping was on the TODAY Show to reveal 9 of 2013’s most innovative consumer products. And guess what! One of our very own products made the cut!
Out of more than 1,500 different products, Good Housekeeping chose the Mr. Beams ReadyBright Power Outage Lighting System as one of their favorite products.
The ReadyBright System is the very first at home emergency lighting system available. It’s not unlike the emergency lighting systems in commercial buildings – when the power goes out, the lights come on. Good Housekeeping testers used these lights when they lost power back during Hurricane Sandy, and called them “tremendously helpful.”
“We think everybody should have one of these,” said Ellis.
Check out the full video here: