Today we’re debuting a new series on the blog called “Product Spotlight.” Every week, we’re going to showcase one of our newest, coolest, or most popular light fixtures, and tell you a little about it. How does it work? How do you install it? What are the benefits? Get ready for your newest learning experience in light…
It’s your classic Goldilocks situation. When you’re shopping for the perfect PAR38 light bulb, perhaps the LED PAR38’s light is just too cool, and the incandescent PAR38’s light is just too warm. Then, you spot the halogen lamp – its unmistakable crisp and pleasing light is just what you were looking for. Not to mention it’s more durable than the incandescent light and less expensive than the LED.
But then, you notice just how much energy it takes to power that halogen light bulb. The choice stops feeling quite so right.
So, we’re introducing a 4th option (or maybe we should call it 3.5): The PAR38 Energy-Efficient Halogen Lamp.
Also known as the infrared halogen (HIR), this lamp emits the same quality lights as a regular halogen light bulb, but does it using less energy.
Why Is It Energy-Efficient?
Most filament light bulbs like incandescents and halogens generate light with only about 10% of the energy they consume. The remaining 90% is given off as heat. Read More