This is the third installment in our 2015 Holiday Gift Guide Series. So far we’ve looked at great gift ideas for co-workers and grandparents, and today I’m sharing a list of unique gifts that your holiday host or hostess will love.
A successful holiday party host juggles a lot of responsibilities – preparing food, monitoring the grill, mingling with the crowd, and keeping drinks topped off. And they do all of this while making it look completely effortless.
If your group of friends has an undisputed epic entertainer in its midst, you’ll want to give them a gift that’s as great as they are. Here is a collection of 10 party-ready gift ideas that will guarantee you a spot on next year’s invitation list too…
- Your host will want to use these battery operated fairy lights year round to decorate every celebration. Fairy lights consist of tiny LED lights (about the size of a grain of rice) on an ultra-thin bendable wire. The wire molds around just about anything, or you can simply place them in a clear jar or vase like the ones pictured.
- Stainless steel dachshunds decked in holiday gear are the theme for these festive salt & pepper shakers from Ballard Designs.
- Whether these Bespoke flavored sea salts are partnered with your ‘dashing’ salt & pepper dachshunds or given as a gift on their own, they’ll be a delectable addition to many future parties.
- Your party host will never have to worry about guests forgetting which wine glass is theirs with this set of 12 colorful Kate Spade holiday light wine tags.
- Dangling from tree branches or filled with baubles and used as a patio table centerpiece are just a couple of ways your hostess can use decorative solar lanterns at holiday parties and beyond.
- Your host may choose to share this tin of exclusive Neiman Marcus cookies with the crowd, or stash them aside as an after-party reward for a job well done.
- The warm glow of antique style string lights draped from tree to tree are equally dazzling at an elegant garden party as they are at a back yard barbecue. Your host will love the versatility and uniqueness of this gift, whatever the occasion.
- Make food preparation easier with this personalized kitchen stand that can hold an iPad full of recipes, or a favorite recipe book.
- With all the busyness of mingling and monitoring, it’s likely to take a while for your host to finish a drink. Make sure their favorite spirit stays cold without getting watered down with a whiskey wedge!
- Solar tiki torches are safer than open flames, and just as charming for ambient lighting at an evening party. If children or pets are a part or your holiday host’s event, they’ll also appreciate this safer alternative.