The jack-o-lantern is still on the porch and you haven’t even finished eating the good candy out of your Halloween loot — but Christmas jingles are already showing up in advertising. Are you ready to start stringing your holiday lights? This year, don’t feel limited by what you’ve always done in the past. With just a few products — maybe ones you already own — you can establish new traditions in your holiday decor with extraordinary lighting designs.
What’s Your Holiday Lighting Style?
For many homes, lights are the first decorations pulled out of the holiday storage box, and the last to put away. Perfect for Christmas trees, garlands and wrapping around posts, string lights are inexpensive, easy to manipulate, and are nearly limitless in their uses. LED rope and LED tape lights offer a modern take on a classic look with the flexibility to twist and mold into letters and shapes to express your holiday cheer.
From elegant to eccentric, take a look at some of the magnificent things people are doing with holiday lights.
Classic, Elegant, Timeless
Traditional holiday decor stirs up the sound of crackling fireplaces and the smell of freshly baked gingerbread.
1. Country House with Icicle Lights via Living The Country Life
2. Elegant Holiday Mantle via Restoration House Blog
3. Time Honored Classic Christmas Tree via Viahouse
4. Multi-colored Landscape Design via Outdoorlights.com
Shimmery, Sparkly, Whimsical
Welcome the season with a glittering winter-wonderland.
5. Twinkling Front Porch via All Things Beautiful
6. Shimmering Lanterns via Mint in the Middle
7. Star Barn Lights via Martha Stewart
8. Rope Light Hanging Snowflakes via Martha Stewart
9. Joy Rope Light Word Art via Apartment Therapy
Daring, Original, Inventive
Often bold in their design, these clever ideas are sure to bring out your elvish side.
Clark Griswold or Martha Stewart? What’s your holiday lighting design style?
Tip: Consider investing in the Light Keeper Pro (pictured on left) for repairing non LED icicle lights, cluster lights, holiday lights, lighted reindeer and pre-lit trees. [Update: This product is no longer available.]
All of these projects (and many more!) can be found on our Holiday Lighting Pinterest Board!