Happy Earth Day from everyone here at Pegasus Lighting!
If you’re a regular here on the blog, or if you’ve browsed around on our website, you know we’re big fans of energy-efficient, “green” lighting. We strive to stay up-to-date on the latest eco-friendly news and innovations, and to always provide you, dear readers, with quality green lighting products and helpful energy-saving tips.
But we can’t do it alone! We follow a group of expert bloggers and industry leaders to help us in our quest to make sustainability accessible for all.
So today, I’d like to send a special shout-out to 8 of my favorite green and eco-friendly blogs and websites:
- Fresh Energy: Fresh Energy is a non-profit organization that’s been around for over 20 years – so you know they know what they’re talking about. Their main goal is to promote smart energy policy concentrating on areas like clean energy, energy-efficiency, climate change, and eco-friendly transportation and building.
- Green Upgrader: Green Upgrader is one of our favorite green lifestyle blogs, eager to show all readers that even small eco-friendly changes can make a big impact! We love them for their constant eye on sustainability news, and mass of green how-tos, but they also offer neat things like ideas for sustainable cooking and eco-friendly entertainment options (think low-impact board games and the like).
- EarthTechling: EarthTechling, run by a group of technologist-meets-environmentalists, is committed to reporting on technological advancements that could change the world for the better. They cover everything from simple how-to guides about saving energy around the house to breaking news regarding new gadgets, appliances, and technological upgrades.
- Clean Edison: Clean Edison is a company that provides educational material about clean technology and sustainable building. Their website is a goldmine of information on solar energy, energy-efficiency, and green manufacturing, just to name a few. They also have a fabulous, practical blog offering eco-friendly advice to regular people. Check it out for posts like “30 Actionable Steps Towards Energy-Efficiency.”
- CleanTechnica: In 2012, Compete.com called CleanTechnica the #1 site focused solely on cleantech or clean energy, and I can see why! I really like that CleanTechnica continues to focus on how practical clean energy is. They’re honest about the challenges of trying to save energy, but they’re never at a loss for potential solutions. They also get points for having a whole section on their site devoted to lighting.
- Greener Ideal: One of the widest-reaching green blogs we like to read is Greener Ideal. It covers everything from eco-friendly go-karting tracks to hardcore scientific issues like toxic algal blooms. And of course, they keep up with all the latest energy-saving lighting issues, green building, and clean energy.
- GreenWerks: GreenWerks is a green remodeling company based in Chicago. They focus on developing eco-friendly construction and remodeling solutions, and their blog is pretty amazing. It’s the place to go for advice on planning almost any kind of eco-friendly renovation in a home or business, or just for some tips on how to maintain your finished facilities in environmentally-conscious ways.
- Green Building Advisor: Green Building Advisor’s site offers just about every piece of information you need to complete a green remodel from start to finish. Begin in the green basics section to understand what goes into a green building project, then get inspired by their many green home examples. It’s also a great place to browse around – they have blogs on everything from building science to random musings from an “energy nerd.”
So here’s a big thank you to all you wonderful bloggers for doing what you do so well! I can’t wait to read what you have to say in this next year!