On this, the last full week of 2012, I’ve been taking stock of the happenings here on Light Reading. We’ve had many wonderful posts this year on the newsworthy, practical, whimsical, technical, and technological qualities of light. We’ve learned about energy-efficiency, home decor, nature, science, and even fashion design.
Now, let’s take a look back at our 10 most popular blog posts from 2012.
10. Use Bookshelf Lights To Help Tell Your Story: We use bookshelves to store and showcase some of our most special possessions. But, when improperly lit, bookshelves can drown these things in shadow. Learn the options to light your bookcases, depending on the kind of shelf, and how it’s decorated. Read More >>
9. How To Choose A Low Voltage Transformer In 4 Easy Steps: While this topic might be one of the driest we’ve written on all year, it’s a crucial one for anybody diving into a new remodel. Learn about the different varieties of low voltage transformers, and how to pick the one that’s right for you. Read More >>
8. Real DIY Lighting Projects: Adding A Basement Kitchen: Chad, a serious DIY-er and Pegasus Customer sent us photos of the kitchen he added in his basement. He made the whole thing from scratch with his wife, and only a bit of professional help on the countertops and drywall work. Chad used our Xenon Line Voltage Under Cabinet Task Lights to illuminate his countertops. Read More >>
7. Winning The Battle On Christmas Lights: Artificial Trees: Holiday expert Linda Knighton weighs in with some simple tips on how to wrangle those holiday lights and make your tree look beautiful. And let’s face it, we could all use a little more peace on earth during the holidays. Read More >>
6. A Guide To Retail Jewelry Lighting: Jewelers listen up! You sell brilliant, sparkling pieces year round, but jewelry can’t shine on its own. Its radiance comes from how it plays with light. This guide makes it easy to find the perfect lights to flatter any display. Read More >>
5. What You Can Learn About Lighting Design From Modern Family: In this post, we use examples from the popular ABC comedy to demonstrate essential lighting concepts for the home. Learn about wall-washing, kitchen lighting, and mood lighting, to name a few. Read More >>
4. How To Replace An Outlet With An In-Wall Night Light: In-wall night lights are a sophisticated take on an essential home light fixture. But, unlike their simple predecessors, in-wall night lights take a bit more installation. We break it down for you in 9 easy steps. Read More >>
3. How To Choose Light Bulbs For Your Home: Recessed Cans: This post is part of a series on finding the perfect light bulb for almost any light fixture in your house. Learn how to find the right size and source to fit inside your home’s recessed cans. Read More >>
2. How To Hang Wall Sconces: For such a simple fixture, figuring out how and where to mount a wall sconce can sure be complicated. This post will teach you how high and how far apart your wall sconces should go, to create that gorgeous, cozy look we all adore. Read More >>
1. New Home Project: Remodel Recessed Lights: In this post, our very own Chris Johnson details the different recessed lights he chose to add to his new home. If you’re thinking of adding or updating the recessed lights in your home, this is a great place to start! Read More >>
Happy New Year, everyone! I’ll be back in 2013 to give you even more helpful, entertaining, and informative content!
Now I’d like to hear from you. What’s your favorite post on the list? Or is your favorite not here?