It was only a matter of time before I gave you a post about this. I’ve been trolling blogs, news networks, and Pinterest for a while now, searching out the best home holiday light displays for your viewing pleasure. Read on for the top 10 fanciest, tackiest, brightest, most innovative, and most over the top lights of 2012.
10. I give kudos to these homeowners for their class. They’ve done a beautiful job layering different kinds of lights, and keeping a focal point (that cute red bow).
9. This house gives passersby a little bit of everything – colorful trees, animals, icicles, candy canes, and I think I see Santa’s sleigh somewhere in there. I just hope he can find the chimney!
8. Looks like these homeowners have been dreaming of a white Christmas, and a red one, and a green one, and a blue one, and a yellow one.
7. These homeowners really deserve congratulations for the intricacies of this design. The neighbors also deserve congratulations for putting up with it.
6. These homeowners have gone the extra mile, outlining every. last. inch. of their house. The effect? Luminescent Gingerbread.
5. This house comes in at #5 for creating such a striking space with only one color light. Dipped in sugar, anyone? Also, points for adding new architectural features, like that crown-ish turret.
4. These homeowners have reached new heights, literally. I don’t even want to know what it took to wrap that whole tree in lights, except I really do.
3. Points to #3 for doing something entirely new, with shocking precision.
2. It’s a hit! I’m amazed by what we can do with LEDs these days. These folks have automated their lights to flash in rhythm to the popular hit, Gangnam Style.
1. High Score! This spot goes to the Angry Birds Christmas Light Game. With only two computers, the masters behind this creative display have programmed it to let passersby play from the street.
Do you have any holiday creativity going on at your house? Please share!