I was taking a look at our five most popular blog posts of 2011, and I was surprised to find that every single one of them was some type of “how-to”:
1. How to Layout Recessed Lighting in 4 Steps: This one was inspired by a question we received on Twitter. It will guide you through finding a focal point, dividing up your room, and mapping out exactly where your recessed lights should go.
2. How to Choose Under Cabinet Lighting: Under cabinet lighting fixtures are some of our top-selling products. This post discusses the different features available and helps you select the perfect light fixture for your space.
3. Planning Your Kitchen Lighting – 8 Easy Steps: Written for those involved in either a new construction project or a remodeling project that will start from scratch, this post builds your kitchen lighting from top to bottom, walking you through each step.
4. How to Install Recessed Lights: Installing recessed lighting is actually a fairly easy project if you already have an existing power source in the ceiling. We do include an instruction manual with each recessed lighting order, but this guide is a bit more user-friendly. If you’re an ambitious DIY-er or a professional who needs a refresher, check it out!
5. New Home Project – Under Cabinet Lighting: No surprise that this was a popular post of 2011: It’s part of Chris Johnson’s famous “New Home Project” series. When he moved into his new home in September 2009, he started blogging about the lighting projects he was tackling. Chris Johnson is Pegasus Lighting’s vice president, so the series provides an interesting perspective into residential lighting projects.
More “how-to” posts will be coming your way over the next several months! As always, feel free to let us know if there’s a particular topic you’re interested in. Send over a tweet, Facebook message, or simply comment on this post!