Take a closer look at the purple cubes the mannequins are standing on in this DKNY window display. Inside each cube are four 16-watt T4 grounded microfluorescent fixtures. Chad Oliver of Donna Karen NY sent us these photos. He set up the fixtures to stand upright and then connected them with 6 inch flexible connectors. Beautiful!
The photo below shows four LED Recessed Mini Swivel Lights used to highlight each of 4 crosses under an altar in Houston, TX.
Each year, motorcycle enthusiasts gather at the Legendary Buffalo Chip Campground in Sturgis, SD, and one of the central attractions is the Motorcycles as Art exhibit. World-famous motorcycle photographer Michael Lichter puts the exhibit together. It captures the personal expression, creativity and spirit that permeate the history and culture of motorcycling. Shown in the photos are our PAR Halogen Telescoping Display Lights (Model #PDL-188) being used as gallery lighting at the exhibit.
Photos provided by The Legendary Buffalo Chip Campground in Sturgis, SD
Here’s a beautiful example of an under cabinet lighting installation project in a residential kitchen. This customer used Microfluorescent T4 Light Fixtures. You can see from the photos how seamlessly the fixtures fit into the cabinet:
This lighting project, completed by a customer in Corona del Mar, CA, was intended to provide indirect lighting for a small wine rack. The customer used our Xenon Low Voltage Light Strip and placed the xenon festoon lamps six inches on center. The effect is beautiful!
One of the best ways to emphasize the detail or color in wall art is to install a recessed light in the ceiling to shine on the picture. That’s exactly what this customer did! Shown below are two 4-Inch Low Voltage Trims with Adjustable Elbow and 4in low voltage housings used as “picture lights”.
Replacing the five most frequently used light fixtures in your home, or the light bulbs in them, with ENERGY STAR qualified ones could save you about $60 each year in energy costs.
ENERGY STAR qualified light fixtures:
- Use 2/3 less energy (than standard incandescent fixtures)
- Come with long-lasting pin-based bulbs that last up to 10 times longer than standard incandescent bulbs
- Offer automatic daylight shut-off and motion-sensing features on outdoor fixtures
- Generate 70% less heat than incandescent light fixtures
- ENERGY STAR qualified fixtures must have a 2-year manufacturer warranty (double the industry standard)
- Do not hum, buzz, or flicker
ENERGY STAR qualified light bulbs:
- Use at least 2/3 less energy (than incandescent bulbs)
- Last about 4 years – at least 6 times longer than incandescent lighting
- Come in different shapes and sizes, including spiral and globe, to fit in most residential fixtures
- Are convenient in hard-to-reach or high-use fixtures, as they need replacing less often
- Generate 70% less heat than incandescent light bulbs
- ENERGY STAR qualified bulbs offer a 2-year manufacturer warranty (double the industry standard)
- Do not hum, buzz, or flicker
Visit the Pegasus Lighting website to browse the ENERGY STAR lighting products that we offer.
This lighting project is from a museum in Grand Blanc, MI. The photo shows an art show set up in a section of the museum, and our Line Voltage Halogen Display Lights with Telescoping Arms were used to illuminate the details in the paintings.
For more reading material, check out our post on Lighting Artwork: A How-To Guide.
If you’re searching for the perfect display lighting for your cabinet or showcase, check out these customer lighting project photos. These are from Case Sensitive of Hartford, Connecticut (a company that sells custom showcases for guitars). Featured in the photos is our Xenon Low Voltage Light Strip:
We have a wide variety of LED and halogen recessed lighting fixtures and accessories. You can choose trims and housings from a variety of materials, shapes, sizes, lamp wattages, and light sources.
Shown here are two 3-Inch Low Voltage Recessed Lighting Trims with 3-Inch Low Voltage Recessed Lighting Housings using MR16 12-volt halogen light bulbs installed over each hotel bed.
Photos provided by Holiday Inn Express in Mountain View, CA